• Relationships and relational issues, problems in the couple
• Family system fractures and dysfunctions
• Bereavement and other losses
• Psychosexual issues, gender and identity issues
• Substance abuse and other behavioural dependencies
• Eating disorders and body issues
• Depressive and anxious symptomology, including panic attacks, phobias and OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
• Various types of traumatic disorders: including PTSD, C-PTSD (Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and dissociative symptoms
• Childhood sexual abuse, domestic abuse
• Work-related issues and emotional distress in the professional life.
I support clients seeking solutions to a wide range of issues, challenges & distress. This can be achieved, in weekly sessions, through Counselling (shorter term), Psychotherapy (longer term), EMDR Therapy (can be integrated to either of these therapeutic approaches) or to Life Coaching, if considered appropriate.
What is EMDR Therapy?
Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is an integrative psychotherapy approach that has been extensively researched and proven effective for the treatment of trauma. EMDR is a set of standardised protocols that incorporates elements from many different treatment approaches.
What kind of problems can EMDR treat?
Scientific research has established EMDR as effective for the treatment of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). However, it has also been proven to be successful in the treatment of the following conditions:
• Panic Attacks, Complicated Grief, Dissociative Disorders, Disturbing Memories
• Phobias, Pain Disorders, Performance Anxiety, Stress Reduction, Addictions
• Sexual and/or Physical Abuse, Body Dysmorphic Disorders, Personality Disorders